- Job Descriptions
- Forest Fire Fighter
Responsible for inspecting forests for potential fire hazards, recommending ways to prevent forest fires, educating public about fire prevention tactics, and implementing measures to control fires.
- Inspect various forests and determine if fire hazards are present.
- Help develop emergency procedures to put out massive fires.
- Report on weather conditions and analyze fire hazards accordingly.
- Recommend prevention measures.
- Place signs around area warning of possible hazards.
- Examine firefighting equipment and determine if its adequate.
- Purchase and install axes, fire hoses, shovels, pumps, buckets, and fire extinguishers.
- Direct crews who are working on firelines.
- Restrict public access during forest fires.
- Compile and report meteorological data, such as temperature, relative humidity, wind direction and velocity, and types of cloud formations
- Determine proper evacuation routes.
- Repair firefighting equipment.
- Aid in extinguishing small fires.
- Educate others on topics such as sanitation, fire prevention, violation corrections, and related forest regulations.
- Visit camp sites to determine if visitors are following fire hazard prevention protocol.
- Inspect forests for hazards such as combustibles and wastes.
- Patrol areas searching for suspicious activity.
- Estimate sizes and fire characteristics.
- Respond immediately in cases of emergency.
- Organize large-scale teams to counteract fires.
- Find and rescue people trapped within fire borders.
- Report fires to headquarters via radio or telephone.
- Cut down trees and dig out grass and all other combustible vegetation in the path of the fire to deprive it of fuel.