Forester Job Description
- Manage forest lands, natural resources, rangelands, and parks.
- Decide best and most efficient way to remove fallen timber.
- Design ways to manage forests that minimally impact environment and preserve land.
- Participate in forest-fire fighting techniques and advise those on suppression methods.
- Negotiate land-use contracts to harvest timber.
- Draw up plans to regenerate forested lands.
- Supervise tree harvests.
- Monitor the progress of different forests.
- Devise methods to keep forests free from disease, pestilence, and wildfires.
- Direct the preparation of sites on which trees will be planted.
- Advise on the type, number, and placement of trees to be planted.
- Decide which trees to be harvested after they reach a certain height.
- Supervise forest and conservation workers and technicians.
- Evaluate data on forest and soil quality.
- Assess damage to trees and forest lands caused by fires and logging activities.
- Measure how quickly potential fires will spread.
- Determine a fire’s impact on a region’s environment.
- Communicate with firefighters and other forest workers.
- Utilize different tools such as clinometers to measure the heights of trees, diameter tapes to measure a tree’s circumference, and increment borers and bark gauges to measure the growth of trees so that timber volumes can be computed and growth rates estimated.
Job Code: 08648-123762 Full-time No Weekends HENRICO DOCTORS HOSPITAL REGISTRAR Henrico Doctors Forest seeks a self-motivated individual to work...
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB: OVERVIEW: Park Forest Care Center 8643 NE Beech Street Portland, Oregon 97220 Fernhill Estates 5737 NE 37th Avenue Portland, O...
Job Code: 08648-121336 PRN/Per Diem PRN HENRICO DOCTORS FOREST PATIENT ACCESS TEAM LEADER Henrico Doctors Hospital seeks a motivated individual to be a P...