- Job Descriptions
- Freight Inspector
Responsible for inspecting freight to determine if it's secure and has the proper paperwork.
- Inspect a variety of freight.
- Determine if freight is tied securely.
- Determine if crew complied with procedures while loading freight.
- Ensure temperature and humidity is normal within the storage area.
- Records freight condition and handling, and notifies crews to reload freight or insert additional bracing or packing.
- Measure height, width, and weight of freight.
- Determine if freight can safely pass under bridges and through tunnels.
- Place packing slip on freight.
- Submit report of freight.
- Affix warning signs on vehicles containing explosives or inflammatory or radioactive materials.
- Review classes and weight information pertaining to questionable billing.
- Assure proper charges are applied to shipments.
- Inspect various freight on dock.
- Establish and maintain effective communication service center personnel.
- Adhere to training programs and direct orders.
- Assist Freight Quality Manager to support claims reduction, training and freight quality support.