Freight Inspector Job Description
- Inspect a variety of freight.
- Determine if freight is tied securely.
- Determine if crew complied with procedures while loading freight.
- Ensure temperature and humidity is normal within the storage area.
- Records freight condition and handling, and notifies crews to reload freight or insert additional bracing or packing.
- Measure height, width, and weight of freight.
- Determine if freight can safely pass under bridges and through tunnels.
- Place packing slip on freight.
- Submit report of freight.
- Affix warning signs on vehicles containing explosives or inflammatory or radioactive materials.
- Review classes and weight information pertaining to questionable billing.
- Assure proper charges are applied to shipments.
- Inspect various freight on dock.
- Establish and maintain effective communication service center personnel.
- Adhere to training programs and direct orders.
- Assist Freight Quality Manager to support claims reduction, training and freight quality support.
DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY W&I INSPECTOR - FREIGHT INSPECTOR - WEIGHTS & MEASURES - OPERATIONS FREIGHT INSPECTOR - DOCK WORKER PITT OHIO, a $500 million, high service, highly pro...
DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY PITT OHIO, a $500 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is...
* Perform government mandated pre-shipment inspections to assist in determination of the fair market value of exported goods * Observance of inspectors manual (handout) and IJO f...