Funeral Attendant Job Description
- Arrange for body to be moved to funeral home.
- Ensure information for birth certificate is correct.
- Prepare notice for obituary.
- Meet with family of deceased to discuss funeral service details and preparation.
- Help family select casket.
- Comfort grieving family members.
- Discuss financing options.
- Discuss prices and plans.
- Help family set date and time for viewing and burial.
- Arrange for clergy member to conduct religious services.
- Choose pallbearers and arrange to have them at the funeral.
- Contact cemetery officials and arrange burial plans.
- Ensure burial plot is dug up and ready for casket.
- Ensure religious and ethnic customs of the decedent are fulfilled or respected.
- Prepare body for burial with embalming fluid or cremate body.
- Arrange casket in viewing parlor or set up urn with ashes for viewing.
- Set up photos or other memories of the decedent.
- Greet family as they enter the parlor.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the cemetery.
- Lead funeral procession.
- Ensure cars have identifying flags or markings during funeral procession.
- Oversee preparation and shipment of body if burial is in another location.
- Direct funeral service.
Mortuary Science - Adjunct Faculty Opening Date/Time: Mon. 11/02/15 12:00 AM Eastern Time Closing Date/Time: Mon. 10/31/16 12:00 AM Eastern Time Salary: See Position Description Jo...
Hospice Chaplain Per Diem-16004319 Unique clinical environment: Offer spiritual care and counsel to patients and families one-on-one in their home environment during end-of-li...
Administrative SupportJob RequirementsHigh School diploma or equivalentWorking knowledge of office equipment including copiers, printers, fax machines, telephonesComputer knowledge...