Funeral Home Director Job Description
- Manage preparations and plans in a funeral home.
- Arrange for burial or funeral services for the deceased.
- Hire and train embalmers, funeral attendants, and other employees in the funeral home.
- Handle accounts and collections.
- Comfort grieving family members.
- Discuss financing options.
- Discuss prices and plans.
- Help family set date and time for viewing and burial.
- Arrange for clergy member to conduct religious services.
- Choose pallbearers and arrange to have them at the funeral.
- Contact cemetery officials and arrange burial plans.
- Ensure burial plot is dug up and ready for casket.
- Ensure religious and ethnic customs of the decedent are fulfilled or respected.
- Prepare body for burial with embalming fluid or cremate body.
- Arrange casket in viewing parlor or set up urn with ashes for viewing.
- Set up photos or other memories of the decedent.
- Greet family as they enter the parlor.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the cemetery.
- Lead funeral procession.
- Ensure cars have identifying flags or markings during funeral procession.
- Oversee preparation and shipment of body if burial is in another location.
- Direct funeral service.
Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Security ------------------------- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Educati...
The Pathology Assistant shall perform/assist with Rapid Autopsy harvesting. THIS ON CALL POSITION REQUIRES COVERING ALL OFF HOURS, TYPICALLY FROM 5:00 PM TO 7:00 AM. When paged, a ...
Commonwealth Hotels LLC., is a very successful hotel management company since its inception in 1987. Our award-winning hotels are models of brand standard, and our people are "best...