Responsible for assisting patrons at a gaming establishing and exchanging money, credit, or chips or making change. Counts cash flow and audits cash drawer periodically. Keeps records of all monetary exchanges.
- Work near slot machines to quickly and efficiently help patrons exchange money for gaming chips, tickets, or coins and to make change when necessary.
- Issue payoffs when patrons win games.
- Record monetary exchanges, authorization forms, and transaction reconciliations.
- Maintain cage security.
- Secure customers' authorization on receipts if winnings are larger than the slot machine can hold.
- Determine chip values after winnings or losses.
- Sign or verify the customer has been paid.
- Sign and verify that a booth cashier issued the jackpot money to the customer.
- Put blank jackpot sheets directly into the slot machine when a patron hits the jackpot.
- Reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Count down the bankroll with a shift manager or supervisor.
- Push cart around slot area and frequently attend to guests.
- Call for help when machines malfunction.
- Sign and verify fill slips.
- Work alongside supervisors and dispatchers for jackpots.