- Job Descriptions
- Gaming Runner
Responsible for informing patrons in a gaming establishment about wagering on races and events. Helps gaming dealers run games such as keno and bingo. Receives and records wagers and processes payouts for winning tickets.
- Scan and process winning tickets.
- Operate random number generating equipment.
- Announce winning numbers to patrons.
- Post information about events patrons can wager on.
- Process winnings and pay out monies or chips accordingly.
- Refer patrons to gaming cashier for additional assistance.
- Exchange money for chips or coins.
- Collect bets and record amounts.
- Inspect cards and equipment to ensure compliance.
- Deliver tickets, cards, and money to bingo callers.
- Ensure house percentage is subtracted from the pot.
- Push dice to shooters.
- Assist patrons by seating them, resolving complaints, explaining house rules, or explaining the rules and variation of games.
- Replenish gaming dealers with chips, coins, or cards as necessary.
- Open or close cash floats or game tables.
- Participate in games for gambling establishments to provide the minimum complement of players at a table.
- Attend to disputes and alert security if necessary.
- Inspect and report faulty gaming equipment.
- Operate games in which players bet that a ball will come to rest in a particular slot on a rotating wheel.
- Sell tobacco and alcohol products to customers.
- Entice patrons to sit at gaming tables.