Gas Distribution Plant Operator Job Description
- Regulate press and flow of gas for utility companies.
- Control distribution of gas for a municipal or industrial plant or a single process in an industrial plant.
- Check for abnormal pressure variances.
- Install new pipe to relieve overloading.
- Determine governor adjustments.
- Ensure plant adheres to safety and environmental rules.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement plant improvement projects.
- Identify process deviations and perform root cause/corrective action.
- Conduct area inspections and audits.
- Control and operate equipment such as loaders, drills, tractors, trucks, crushers, excavators, fork lifts, bulldozers and cranes.
- Handle material and cargo.
- Perform preventive and routine maintenance.
- Use scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Observe gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Replenish inventory as needed.
- Hire, train, and supervise employees.
- Devise schedules and shifts.
- Adjust gauges to maintain gas pressure and volume.
- Regulate flow and pressure of gas to feedlines of boilers and furnaces.
JOB DESCRIPTION Apply Now GAS SYSTEM OPERATOR / SENIOR GAS SYSTEM OPERATOR JOB ID 20163104 DATE POSTED 09/07/2016 Description Position Responsibilities (including but not l...
CompanyPG&E is one of the largest combination natural gas and electric utilities in the United States and provides natural gas and electric service to approximately 15 million cust...
Class A Rte. Driver W/Hazmat Exc. Pay/Benef! Home W/E s & Hotel/Per Diem! American Welding & Gas, Inc. and Scott-Gross Company, Inc. have combined to become the largest independent...