Gas Processing Plant Operator Job Description
- Operate compressors, scrubbers, and evaporators to liquify or compress gas.
- Prepare and process gas for utility companies.
- Process gas for industrial use.
- Calculate gas ratios.
- Detect abnormal specifications.
- Test oxygen for moisture content and purity.
- Regasify natural gas using compressors, scrubbers, and refrigeration equipment.
- Read and record gauge readings.
- Read and record temperature, pressure, level, and flow.
- Optimize and adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of gas.
- Test oxygen for purity.
- Extract nitrogen from air using fractioning columns, purifying towers, and heat exchangers.
- Shutdown and start-up plant equipment.
- Operate treating plants, chilled water gas conditioning skids, reciprocating natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, and gas measurement equipment.
- De-pressure equipment and pipelines.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Remove and replace filters, oil, chemicals, and other lubricating fluids.
- Remove and replace valves and gaskets.
- Repair reciprocating natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, and valves.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Implements and maintains electrical power circuits and equipment, control and automation systems, electronic and pneumatic equipment used in pipeline, compressor ...
The Process Engineer for Gas Operations will provide integrated, interdisciplinary technical support for operation and maintenance of OEHI s natural gas processing facilities, whic...
Occidental Petroleum Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with a subsidiary (OxyChem) that is a major North American chemical manufacturer...