- Job Descriptions
- GED Instructor
Responsible for teaching basic skills to students with varying academic levels while integrating GED skills, reading and math skills, social justice and community issues, and culture. Helps students meet necessary goals and qualify to get a GED. Prepares students to take GED exam.
- Instruct students on material needed in order to earn their GED.
- Teach basic skills encompassing math, science, English, and literature.
- Help students prepare and study for GED exam.
- Assess students' readiness to take exam.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.