- Job Descriptions
- General Counsel
Responsible for negotiating, writing, reviewing, summarizing, researching and executing a wide variety of agreements for companies and clients, including marketing agreements, entertainment agreements, license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreements, and other general business contracts both domestically and internationally.
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts.
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in Strategic Business Units, Marketing, Brand Communication, Sales, Human Resources, Corporate Alliances and the International Divisions.
- Manage various projects and deadlines.
- Advise executives on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals.
- Explain legal language.
- Provide assistance with global joint ventures, strategic partnership deals, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Draft terms and conditions in agreements.
- Ensure legal objectives are met.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions.
- Provide training to company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics.