Geological Data Technician Job Description
- Collect core samples from geological sites to determine if oil or gas is present.
- Measure and record geological factors and characteristics.
- Utilize instruments such as sonic, electronic, electrical, seismic, or gravity-measuring tools.
- Evaluate cutting samples.
- Operate equipment to secure geological data.
- Record readings in a database.
- Interpret core samples.
- Operate, clean, sanitize, and maintain equipment.
- Work under the supervision of scientists and other technicians.
- Train, supervise, and guide other technicians as they take samples.
- Print recordings of information.
- Develop information to be used in oil, water, and gas well drilling activities.
- Prepare notes, sketches, geological maps and cross-sections.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manuf...
The OOA group is a multi-discipline team that coordinates outside operated related activities including OBO strategy support, competitor and market analysis, and domestic OBO perfo...
Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually working to be one of industry s best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our ta...