Grader, Bulldozer, or Scraper Operator Job Description
- Drive equipment with blades that level or pick up earth for dumping.
- Use bulldozers, backhoes, and tractors for moving large amounts of dirt.
- Move throttle and depress pedal to begin smoothing or lifting earth.
- Align machine, cutterhead, or depth gauge marker with reference stakes and guidelines on ground or positions equipment.
- Follow directions of assistant on ground.
- Make successive passes over earth until job is done.
- Use tamping machine to smooth down plot.
- Attach different types of blades or attachments depending on job.
- Grease, oil and calibrate machinery.
- Connect hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft to tractor.
- Use asphalt paving machines and concrete paving machines to smooth roads.
- Control machine using pedals and levers.
- Practice safety during operation.
- Weld and cut materials.
- Use different kinds of oil and greases.
- Read plans for job completion.
- Work with project manager to ensure job is done to specifications.
- Repair machines as necessary.
Operate one or several types of power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, compressors, pumps, derricks, shovels, tractors, or front-end loaders to ...
Job Title Heavy Equipment Mechanic Location Ft. Hunter Liggett, CA - Fort Hunter Liggett, CA US (Primary) Job Type Full Time/Regular Education ...