Graduate Teaching Assistant Job Description
- Assist faculty members with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping, and other miscellaneous projects.
- Tutor or mentor students.
- Perform laboratory research.
- Clean labs and set up or remove specimens.
- Obtain materials needed for classes, including texts and other materials.
- Prepare presentations for lectures.
- Deliver lectures.
- Hand out assignments and grade papers.
- Proctor examinations.
- Record grades and inform students of their final grades.
- Arrange for teaching observations.
- Meet with students during office hours.
- Help professors and teachers develop course plans.
- Assist with student conferences.
- Lead discussion sections.
- Teach undergraduate courses.
- Create and write materials such as a syllabus, visual aids, answer keys, supplementary notes, and course websites.
- Correspond with students on Blackboard or related inter-campus communication system.
- Provide librarians with assistance cataloguing or displaying collections.
- Enforce laboratory rules.
- Take attendance and record responses.
- Record lecture given by professor.
Assistant Professor wanted to teach graduate courses in biochemistry and cell and molecular biology; conduct biochemistry and mole...
April 4, 2013 Research Fellow, UAS1374 Center for Energy and Sustainability Salary Range: $3166 – $350...
Loyola University Chicago's School of Business Administration invites applications for a one academic year, non-tenure-track posit...