Responsible for the lighting and rigging process during a filmmaking production. Works under the direction of a key grip.
- Work with camera department to provide camera support.
- Operate camera dollies or camera cranes.
- Work closely with electrical department to create lighting set-ups for a shot.
- Build and maintain all equipment that support cameras, including tripods, dollies, tracks, jibs, cranes, and static rigs.
- Assemble heavy equipment.
- Push, pull, or mount camera equipment.
- Guide cranes and booms using control levers and wheels.
- Ensure camera moves are as seamless as possible.
- Set up sound boards, electrical systems, wardrobe and props.
- Ensure lighting is adequate for each scene.
- Load and unload equipment from filming location.
- Repair or clean parts.
- Sew materials to make and repair tents, tarps, scrims, and backings.
- Cut gelatin and fiberglass light diffusers.
- Dismantle frames and scaffolding.
- Rig prefabricated dressing rooms.
- Use canvas covers to protect cameras from weather during shoots.
- Use handtools to perform light repairs.