Responsible for using scissors or clippers to trim, cut, or shape hair in a beauty salon. Provides consultation to client, selects equipment, cuts hair, styles, and then blow-dries and finishes hair.
- Cut, trim, and shape hair into desired style.
- Utilize clippers, combs, rushes, scissors, and blow-out guns to style and cut hair.
- Shape hair on temple and neck.
- Perform consultation to get the client's opinion on desired hairstyle.
- Apply product such as mousse or serum to hair.
- Cut and style hair.
- Apply lotion after shaving.
- Massage face, neck, or scalp.
- Apply hot towels on face to open pores.
- Use blowdryer to dry hair.
- Give client mirror to check color/cut.
- Use scissors to correct stray hair or sides that appear longer.
- Cut bangs.
- Shave sideburns or back or neck.
- Sweep up hair around station.
- Stock shelves with products.
- Check out patrons.
- Promote services using coupons and cards.
- Sell products or cosmetic supplies.
- Apply lather using a thick brush chin, cheeks, and neck.
- Use razor to shave beard or mustache.
- Create updos or elegant hairstyles for formal events such as prom, weddings, or other occasions.
- Add highlights, color, or curling chemicals to hair.
- Apply deep conditioning treatments.