Hairstylist Job Description
- Cut, trim, and shape hair into desired style.
- Utilize clippers, combs, rushes, scissors, and blow-out guns to style and cut hair.
- Shape hair on temple and neck.
- Perform consultation to get the client's opinion on desired hairstyle.
- Apply product such as mousse or serum to hair.
- Cut and style hair.
- Apply lotion after shaving.
- Massage face, neck, or scalp.
- Apply hot towels on face to open pores.
- Use blowdryer to dry hair.
- Give client mirror to check color/cut.
- Use scissors to correct stray hair or sides that appear longer.
- Cut bangs.
- Shave sideburns or back or neck.
- Sweep up hair around station.
- Stock shelves with products.
- Check out patrons.
- Promote services using coupons and cards.
- Sell products or cosmetic supplies.
- Apply lather using a thick brush chin, cheeks, and neck.
- Use razor to shave beard or mustache.
- Create updos or elegant hairstyles for formal events such as prom, weddings, or other occasions.
- Add highlights, color, or curling chemicals to hair.
- Apply deep conditioning treatments.
This positionprovides individualized hairstyles, cuts and colors for guests according to their requests.
Work in a serene, professional environment alongside our dedicated licensed massage therapists, hair stylists, colorists, and medi-spa specialists doing the work you love to do.
Studio 219 is located in the heart of Chelsea and has been serving its New York City clientele for over 13 years.We are looking for someone to join our team. Please send resume wit...