Hand Freight Mover Job Description
Responsible for moving freight or other materials by hand. May perform other general labor tasks under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Move freight and stock by hand.
- Transport and lift heavy objects without machines.
- Move freight and stock around storage vehicles.
- Pick up unwanted household goods.
- Pack materials for moving.
- Clean and maintain vehicles.
- Have vehicles serviced.
- Manually move material from one place to another very carefully.
- File damage reports if material is damaged.
- Pack material by hand.
- Record materials as they are moved.
- Use signals to assist machine operators who are moving larger pieces of material.
- Work with machine operators and material recording clerks to get material moved and recorded.
- Use automatic sensors and tags to track items.
- Load material onto conveyor belts or other machines.
- Find products in storage and transport them to the loading area.
- Open containers and sort material.
- Label cartons.
- Inspect items for defects.
- Bag groceries at checkouts.
- Feed materials into equipment and then remove then.
- Help operator if material becomes jammed.