Responsible for grinding, sanding, and polishing objects made out of wood, metal, stone, clay, plastic, and glass. Uses cloth, hand tools, and power tools to ensure a smooth surface. Inspects for flaws or cracks.
- Grind, sand, and polish objects.
- Correct defects.
- Prepare surface for further finishing.
- Mark cracks and splits for repair.
- Position grinding equipment over surface.
- Start grinding process by turning on equipment.
- Adjust output of power.
- Polish and grind materials according to specifications.
- Select files according to materials and shape of workpieces.
- Measure equipment.
- Interpret blueprints and instructions.
- Measure dimensions.
- Test workpieces in working machinery.
- Trim and scrape objects.
- Use chisels and scrapers to smooth product.
- Clean equipment and work tables.
- Load or remove workpieces from work tables.
- Record product data.
- Maintain or repair equipment.
- Sharpen abrasive grinding tools.
- Apply solutions or chemicals to surfaces.
- Grind products such as gun barrels, jewelry, rocking chairs, auto
- parts, and dentures.
- Follow guidelines and templates.
- Record processing data.