Hazardous Materials Removal Worker Job Description
- Dispose of harmful materials from a home, office, work site, public place, or other location.
- Research and train on proper removal of material such as lead, mercury, asbestos, lead-based paint, waste oil, fuel, transmission fluid, and contaminated soil.
- Ensure all procedures meet OSHA standards.
- Don personal protective equipment, or PPE.
- Identify materials to dispose of, working with construction site manager.
- Remove radioactive material.
- Load waste onto trucks.
- Transport to designated sea or ground locales.
- Pour concrete over waste to cover it.
- Use monitoring devices to identify the most hazardous material.
- Apply chemical compounds to lead-based paint.
- Scrape material into containers and remove.
- Package, store, and move irradiated fuel elements in the underwater storage basin of a nuclear reactor plant.
- Place numbers onto containers to identify waste.
- Use power tools to remove asbestos from walls or furniture.
- Operate machines to lift and remove waste.
- Comply with federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
- Pull loaded cars to mechanisms that unload elements onto underwater tables.
Our Electric Operations Department located in Lebanon, NH has a job opening for an experienced Class Lineworker 1/C to perform all duties of a Lineworker 1/C. Maybe required to ...
Superior Group is looking for Production Worker B for our Client located in Thomasville, GA for a contract opportunity. Working safely is first and foremost. Prepares material...
PURPOSE: Performs any combination of the following tasks on construction projects such as erecting, repairing and wrecking buildings and bridges; assisting journeymen in various cr...