Hazardous Materials Removal Worker Job Description
- Dispose of harmful materials from a home, office, work site, public place, or other location.
- Research and train on proper removal of material such as lead, mercury, asbestos, lead-based paint, waste oil, fuel, transmission fluid, and contaminated soil.
- Ensure all procedures meet OSHA standards.
- Don personal protective equipment, or PPE.
- Identify materials to dispose of, working with construction site manager.
- Remove radioactive material.
- Load waste onto trucks.
- Transport to designated sea or ground locales.
- Pour concrete over waste to cover it.
- Use monitoring devices to identify the most hazardous material.
- Apply chemical compounds to lead-based paint.
- Scrape material into containers and remove.
- Package, store, and move irradiated fuel elements in the underwater storage basin of a nuclear reactor plant.
- Place numbers onto containers to identify waste.
- Use power tools to remove asbestos from walls or furniture.
- Operate machines to lift and remove waste.
- Comply with federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
- Pull loaded cars to mechanisms that unload elements onto underwater tables.
Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition sites. May operate hand and power tools o...
Requires 3 years of experience & High School Diploma or GED. Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavati...
WORK LOCATION WILL BE IN GAITHERSBURG, MD (MONTGOMERY COUNTY) Job Description: Candidates are needed to effectively abate/remove hazardous materials from various surfaces and st...