Hearing Officer Job Description
- Adjudicate claims for benefits offered by government.
- Work on cases assigned by the government to determine: (1) a person's eligibility for various Social Security or workers' compensation benefits, (2) protection of the environment, (3) the enforcement of health and safety regulations, (4) employment discrimination, and (5) compliance with economic regulatory requirements.
- Review applicant’s case and examine background.
- Check all reports and facts thoroughly, including criminal history, immigration and citizen status, and intelligence reports.
- Prepare analysis for government recommending specific courses of action.
- Show justification for recommended course of action.
- Maintain security clearance.
- Supervise support personnel.
- Research and analyze laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for hearings and to determine conclusions
- Issue subpoenas.
- Determine existence and amount of liability according to current laws.
- Authorize payment of valid claims.
- Compromise on settlements.
- Monitor activities of trials and hearings.
- Explain rulings to claimants and how they may appeal.
- Prepare written decisions.
- Evaluate claim applications, birth and death certificates, and employer records.
Job Title: Senior Audiologist UCLA Title: Audiologist Sr Ex Job No.: H85331 Work Hours: Work Location: Thousand Oaks, CA. Job Type: Career ...
I have an immediate need for receptionist whose smile I can hear over the phone! We are seeking a professional that is dependable and ready and willing to wear many hats in the off...
Multiple openings for Adminstrative Assistants throughout Broward and West Palm Beach! If you're looking for a new opportunity, room for growth, good benefits packages and just an ...