Highway Maintenance Worker Job Description
- Repair broken roads on highway, town, and city roads.
- Patch potholes.
- Operate machinery to dig up holes, pour concrete, and smooth out.
- Repair detached or dented guardrails.
- Set up cones and signs to alert motorists.
- Plow snow.
- Clear off debris.
- Mow or clear brush from roads.
- Paint dividing lines between traffic lanes.
- Lay asphalt.
- Remove trees from roads.
- Use a salt truck to salt roads after snowstorms.
- Operate motor graders, brooms, loaders, backhoes, skidsteers, tractors, mowers, dump trucks, or similar equipment.
- Patrol roads for hazard, snow/ice conditions and maintenance/repair needs.
- Place stop signs and speed limit signs along road.
- Remove road kill.
- Fill road washouts and clean storm drains.
- Inspect and maintain operating equipment.
- Install and clean culverts.
- Flag traffic to form a detour around construction.
- Change vehicle fluids, including greases and oils.
Transportation Crew Supervisor - Department: Transportation, Bureau of Maintenance and Operations - Post#: 025900627 - Code: 9909 - Crew: 71105 - Bulletin...
Project Highway Laborers (2016 Summer Season) REGION: Mid Coast Region DATE POSTED: May 17, 2016 LOCATION: Region Wide DATE CLOSED: August 15, 2016 CREW: Vari...
DescriptionBring Your Full Talents to Work Every Day Associate Road & Highway Engineer - San Antonio or Richardson, TX Parsons is one of the world's largest transportation planning...