Director, Institutional Relationships - Premier
TIAA-CREF - New York, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Director, Institutional Relationships for the Premier segment of Institutional Relationships is responsible for delivering TIAA-CREF at the most senior levels of our largest client institutions. The Director is responsible for TIAA-CREF's overall institutional relationship with Premier institutions and their decision makers. The Director manages TIAA-CREF client teams across business units, is chiefly responsible for all aspects of the client relationship, and delivers on the segment strategy and value proposition to achieve corporate goals.
- Defines, with the Managing Director for the Premier segment the differentiated value proposition and manages an assigned book of business in a way that distinctively showcases the leadership position of TIAA-CREF
- Evaluates the strategic importance and potential of largest accounts internally
- Formulates/implements account strategies that are consistent with the differentiated value proposition and overall business objectives
- Allocates resources appropriate to the relational mix
- Provides leadership in the delivery of services to our largest and most complex clients
- Builds relationships with key executives including President, Provost/CFO/HR
- Develops in-depth understanding of the client's needs
- Develops strategic plans with clients to meet long term objectives
- Leverages relationships to create additional business development opportunities
- Drives targeted business development efforts across business functions and products
- Responsible for strategic deployment of all TIAA-CREF resources including IC's and Wealth Management, aligned to client needs
- Recommends and assists product management and marketing in the development of new products/services.
- Provides supervision, coaching, and mentoring for a team of Managing Consultants and Consultants under the direction of the Managing Director. Serves as register principal for NASD compliance purposes
- Required to travel approximately 30% of time
- Minimum ten (10) years of related financial industry consultative sales and client relationship management experience with major clients.
- Master's Degree in Finance or Business preferred
- People management experience in the Financial Services Industry preferred
- Proven track record of managing key relationships and projects of a critical and complex nature
- Expert knowledge of the financial markets, products and services, including TIAA-CREF products/services
- Expert relationship development and team building skills
- Demonstrated business development skills
- Expert analytical, strategic/advisory skills and understanding of consulting skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to lead, motivate and collaborate with associates at all levels throughout the organization
- Superior communication, negotiating, networking and listening skills
- Demonstrated innovation, business acumen, and understanding of the higher education marketplace
- Requires NASD Series 6, 63 and 26 registrations
- Requires resident state insurance license, and non-resident licenses for all states in which the Director will sell insurance products within six months of assuming position. Must be appointed as an agent by TIAA and T-C Life.