Evoked Potential Tech / EP Tech (EP and EEG)- Ft. Worth, TX - ReqCode 3150096
Texas Health Resources - Houston, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital FortWorth is 724-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center and a 2012 U.S.News & World Report Texas Best Hospital that has served the residents ofTarrant County since 1930. The hospital's services include cardiovascularservices, high-risk and routine obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics andsports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. TexasHealth Fort Worth is also home to the 100-bed Texas Health Harris MethodistHeart Center. An affiliate of the faith-based, nonprofit Texas Health Resourcessystem, Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteersand nearly 1,000 physicians practicing on the medical staff. We invite you tojoin us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy ofexcellence.
Texas Health Ft. Worth is in search of an Evoked Potential (EP) Technician to join the Neurodiagnostics Team.
Hours / Schedule: Full Time; 40 hours (8:00am - 4:30pm); Rotate On-Call to cover PM & emergency off hour surgery cases.
To view our Registered Evoked Potential Tech opportunity, learn more about Texas Health Resources including our mission, our values and the communities we serve or to join our Talent Community to receive email notifications of future opportunities: http://bit.ly/GRnvzo
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
* High School Graduate or G.E.D.
* BLS required
* Demonstrated on-the-job-training competencies required
* Three (3) years experience in EEG testing
* Two (2) years surgical EP experience required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Incumbent must be able to see the computer read outs for EEG/EP/EMG tracings and computers used in the provision of services
The operating room at Texas Health Fort Worth is a 26 suite state-of-the-art unit performing high-tech, high acuity procedures in all aspects of surgery.
* Perform neonatal through geriatric age appropriate EEG tests as ordered with correct recording electrode protocol as well as their appropriate sites
* Differentiate between electrode artifact and true abnormal brain wave activity
* Performance & application of ambulatory scan testing
* Ability to print and scan 24 hour record denoting significant data; Patient assessment will be done to assure diagnostic testing capacity as relevant to patient condition with the ordered tests
* Expeditiously manage EEG exams that are not interpreted
* Verify accurate physician's orders for EEG testing
* Safe, accurate application, methods, devices, and service equipment required to test patients including Standard Precaution infection control techniques and correct hand washing procedures
* Correct patient identification by procedure
* Communicate effective, safe, accurate, and timely regarding such with physicians, RN, peers
* Complete CI procedures related to tasks including reporting adverse events, obtaining new orders and correcting deficiencies in orders
* Identify adverse reactions to EEG testing and emergency measures for such initiated
* Accurately apply, assess, utilize and communicate differences specific to each of the basic EEG test
* Correct, accurate and timely documentation of EEG procedures in CareConnect and for charge purposes
* Complete required ambulatory records to ensure they are accurate, timely and readily available
* Verified, accurate physician's orders for EP monitoring
* Maximize safe electro neurodiagnostic monitoring procedures for at-risk surgeries needing such
* High level of collaborative effort between surgeons, the O.R., the neurologist ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button