Referral Representive I - ReqCode 573960
Ameripath - Addison, TXThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Ameripath Ameripath
- Addison, TX
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Entry Level (0 - 2 years)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
AmeriPath is one of the leading anatomic pathology practices in the United States offering a broad range of testing and information services used by physicians in the detection, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of cancer and other diseases and medical conditions. At AmeriPath, we believe there is a patient behind every diagnosis. AmeriPath's extensive diagnostics infrastructure includes over 400 pathologists and doctorate-level scientists providing services in over 40 independent pathology laboratories and in more than 200 hospitals across the US.
Does working for the leader in the Health Services industry sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? AmeriPath invests in your personal and professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current in your field. The culture is truly collaborative. Everyone's input is valued. You will get the chance to work with bright, highly motivated people.
The Referral Representative I is responsible for reporting laboratory results using established protocols. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Handles all internal and external customer contact regarding Referral Testing. Receive, resolve and follow-up with complex customer issues. Act as a liaison between internal and external customers and Referral vendors.
* Handle all customer inquiries by telephone, Referral mailbox, and in person regarding reporting of results, service failures, and other quality issues to provide customer satisfaction.
* Report laboratory results using established protocols.
* Contact the client to resolve routine or medical/technical matters related to patient testing and result reporting.
* Use established protocols for reporting client concerns.
* Perform investigation and provide resolution to complex Referral Testing issues.
* Research test availability using established protocol for selecting a referral vendor.
* Assist Client Services, customers, and sales by effectively answering questions and responding to concerns in a timely manner.
* Communicate all TNP's and lab accidents to clients within 24 hours of notification. Document thoroughly; elevate issues of concern to supervisor.
* Identify and elevate Reportable Quality incidents to supervisorShift - Monday through Friday / 10:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
* High School or equivalent
* Minimum 1-2 years clinical laboratory experience, preferred
* Customer Service and or medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
* Basic PC skills - Word, Excel, etc. helpful
Along with competitive salaries and career growth opportunities, regular full time employees who work at least 30 hours per week are eligible for Health and Dental plans, a vision plan and a 401(k) retirement plan - all of which include company contributions. There are also disability plans available, flexible savings and college savings plans, and tuition reimbursement.
AmeriPath is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.