Senior Instructional Designer
ACS, A Xerox Company - Houston, TXThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- ACS, A Xerox Company ACS, A Xerox Company
- Houston, TX
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- not provided
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
JOB DESCRIPTION - SENIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
The Senior Instructional Designer (Sr. ID) is responsible for proactively identifying training needs, presenting recommendations and delivering learning solutions to address performance gaps. The Sr. ID will utilize instructional design and performance improvement processes to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional materials and performance improvement programs.
The Sr. ID works with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and develop training interventions that incorporate best practices in behavioral and cognitive sciences to effectively address business and performance issues. The Sr. ID has ownership of all instructional materials to ensure that instructional quality is built into final project deliverables. The Sr. ID designs and develops learning solutions for multiple delivery methods including instructor-led, web-based, virtual classroom, and blended instruction. The Sr. ID directs Instructional Designers, Media Developers, and vendors in the creation of instructional materials and assists the Project Manager in the operation of the project.
* Proactively work with business partners to define and resolve workplace performance challenges and opportunities. Analyze current state environment, including analysis of performance gaps and job/task/needs analysis. Synthesize the data gathered to create models and recommendations.
* Facilitate discovery meetings and conduct interviews to confirm performance needs and translate those needs into concrete options for learning interventions. Work with business partners to define learning solution objectives to ensure the impact can be measured and is linked to business goals.
* Facilitate design session with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, and project teams.
* Write concise, creative, and effective instruction. Course deliverables include design documents, storyboards, prototypes, instructor and participant materials.
* Create project documentation including the design templates, standards, style guides, technical specifications, straw models, train-the-trainer, and pilot materials.
* Work directly with technical subject matter experts to capture course-specific knowledge.
* Ensure that learning solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning theory.
* Propose, design, and champion innovative learning solutions.
* Create thought leadership by being aware of leading edge learning solutions and market trends.
* Design and develop curriculum level learning systems.
* Ensure the final project deliverables are the highest quality.
* Design, develop, and implement measurement and evaluation strategies to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of learning solutions on performance.
* Provide input into work plan creation, advising on the length of time required to design, develop, and complete learning solutions.
* Develop, mentor and coach instructional designer resources.
* Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Organizational Design, Psychology, or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on learning.
* Graduate degree preferred, but not required. Experience accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
* Minimum of 6 years experience in design and development of instructional material in a corporate setting, leading teams in all phases of the project life cycle and producing creative learning solutions.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design and development of web-based learning.
* Minimum 6 years experience in managing customer relationships.
* Demonstrated research and analysis skills.
* Demonstrated experience designing and developing complex learning solutions.
* Demonstrated experience designing and developing curriculum development programs.
* Strong consulting capability with strong interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
* Strong level of professionalism, executive presence and credibility; able to effectively challenge and influence peers and customers.
* Familiar with current learning and performance improvement industry standards, approaches, and innovations. Connected with professional organizations and maintains accessibility to industry resources.
* Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring others.