- Job Descriptions
Responsible for cleaning and tidying homes and providing a sanitary, comfortable environment. Dusts, launders, scrubs, disinfects, and cleanses surfaces, rooms, bathrooms, baseboards, countertops, furniture, and upholstery. Dispenses of debris and contaminants properly.
- Clean, vacuum, buff, polish, and disinfect surfaces.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Launder and dry clothes and fabrics.
- Apply cleaning solutions and chemicals to surfaces.
- Empty trash containers.
- Dispose of debris properly.
- Sweep and vacuum floors.
- Cleanse stains from carpets and upholstery.
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- Clean human waste from bathrooms.
- Wash dishes.
- Polish china and silver.
- Vacuum upholstery.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers.
- Identify and report repairs that are needed.
- Wash windows.
- Check for spills and stains.
- Strip and recoat floors.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Empty and clean ashtrays.
- Hang draperies and dust blinds.