Responsible for creating policies and procedures for labor relations within a company. Negotiates agreements, conducts grievance hearings, and administers labor relations policies.
- Negotiate with unions in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Handle grievances at work.
- Negotiate compensation rates, benefits, working conditions, and rates of advancement.
- Administer labor relations policies and agreements.
- Ensure adherence to established policies and practices.
- Develop and implement documentation and reporting for administration of labor relations.
- Keep abreast of labor laws and collective bargaining.
- Assess employee needs and whether organization can fulfill them.
- Interpret and administer contracts pertaining to wages, grievances, employee welfare, pensions, health care, union and management practices and more.
- Draft contract proposals.
- Compile information and statistics on the economic proposals of both labor and management.
- Prepare wage surveys.
- Help create management training programs.
- Participate in meetings between labor and management.