Hydrologist Job Description
- Observe and experiment on water to determine properties and levels of pollution.
- Collect samples of water and soil.
- Determine the feasibility of water-related projects, such as hydroelectric power plants, irrigation systems, and waste treatment facilities.
- Identify ways to improve water conservation.
- Help minimize the environmental impacts of pollution, erosion, and other problems.
- Undertake studies based on measurements of the occurrence, distribution, quantity and quality of water within the hydrologic cycle in a geographical and time frame of reference.
- Prepare technical reports and provide information for processing water right applications, local water projects, floodplain program, dam safety concerns, and water planning projects.
- Examine historic water uses and evaluates water use applications in accordance with state law, rules, policies and procedures.
- Collect surface water, ground water, and water quality data.
- Research, gather and analyze water resources information and makes recommendations regarding water use, availability and improved management practices.
- Use GIS mapping software and a GPS device.
- Provide hydrologic information to administrators, attorneys, water planners, and the public for the purpose of establishing water policies and to resolve water management issues.
- Assist in creating new management strategies, policies, laws and rules, and operational and infrastructure changes.
- Conducts field investigations pertaining to water rights for documentation.
OFFICE LOCATIONDelmont, New Jersey (NJ)NJ401WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 cou...
Job Description: As one of the top 100 engineering firms in the U.S., Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultan...
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB: OVERVIEW: Mead & Hunt, a nationally recognized professional services consulting firm, has a position open for an experienced hydraulic engine...