- Job Descriptions
Responsible for creating visuals using a variety of techniques and media. Works with two-dimensional art forms, using shading, perspective, and color to produce scenes.
- Create illustrations and designs for print, books, pamphlets, leaflets, trade publications, and other forms of media.
- Utilize digital formats to create sketches.
- Decide on appropriate style, technique, and medium to produce desired results.
- Work with animators to concept on designs.
- Design video game sets and sequences.
- Create storyboards for films or commercials.
- Illustrate textbooks or children's books.
- Work with printers on typeface and paper.
- Collaborate with publishers on ideal designs.
- Draw diagrams that show how to maintain, repair, and use machines and appliances.
- Compose illustrations of geologic and planetary formations, animals, and plant life for publication in teaching materials.
- Adjust the mood and style of images.
- Negotiate price and deadlines.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) packages to scan images and change size.
- Develop new business.
- Create original pieces for portfolio.
- Research galleries for exhibitions.