Industrial Designer Job Description
- Draft sketches and illustrations of potential products or work on enhancing an existing product to make it more appealing to consumers.
- Use blueprints, detailed drawings, or computer-aided designs to demonstrate product potential.
- Fabricate models using samples.
- Revise models according to client specifications.
- Research design trends and product limitations.
- Work with engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Present designs to client for approval.
- Test designs in focus groups or surveys.
- Perform research on appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions.
- Research cost of production materials and labor to produce product.
- Develop manufacturing protocol.
- Develop industrial standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Travel to production facilities to supervise manufacturers' efforts.
- Work on package design or improving industrial machinery.
- Create trademarks to appear on advertising materials or company marketing collateral.
- Supervise drafters.
- Create machine-readable instructions for further clarification.
* Description * Responsible for researching, creating and developing concepts and specifications that optimize the function, ergonomics, value and appearance of physical, hard...
Under general direction, applies research insights, mastered design and technology skills, techniques and process knowledge to creatively conceptualize and develop product program ...
Job Description Position: Industrial Designer Division: Hand Tools & Storage | Industrial Design Location: Southington, CT Reports To: Industrial Design ...