- Job Descriptions
- Industrial Engineer
Responsible for determining most effective ways to create a product or service. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
- Help companies increase productivity.
- Optimize methods of business organization.
- Study product requirements and design manufacturing and information systems to meet requirements.
- Develop management control systems.
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis.
- Design production planning and control systems.
- Design methods to ensure product quality.
- Improve ways to distribute goods and services.
- Determine most viable plant and factory locations.
- Resolve production problems.
- Design layout of equipment and workspace.
- Estimate production costs.
- Create sampling procedures and designs.
- Evaluate accuracy of production and testing equipment.
- Study and rearrange org charts, material flow, and operations sequence.
- Evaluate effects of product design changes.