Industrial Safety & Health Engineer Job Description
- Identify and measure potential safety hazards in the workplace.
- Analyze risk of fires in buildings.
- Determine dangers of handling certain toxic chemicals.
- Recommend appropriate loss prevention methods.
- Assess probability of harm.
- Develop procedures and designs to reduce the risk of illness, injury, or damage.
- Ensure new products do not cause harm.
- Anticipate, evaluate, and react to hazardous conditions.
- Develop hazard control methods.
- Coordinate safety programs.
- Coordinate with outside organizations, such as OSHA or fire departments.
- Design and install safety devices.
- Investigate industrial accidents.
- Conduct air quality and water quality tests.
- Check radiation levels.
- Determine if noise levels are appropriate.
- Advise workers on the proper use of safety equipment and clothing.
Companies with Similar Jobs
Industrial Safety and Health Engineers Plan, implement and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe ...
The Occupational Health & Safety Administrator is responsible for assisting in the implementation of standardized plant health and safety programs to ensure compliance with corpora...
The Corporate Health & Safety Specialist is responsible for assisting in the implementation of standardized plant health and safety programs to ensure compliance with corporate hea...