- Job Descriptions
- Information & Record Clerk
Responsible for performing specialized clerical duties such as record-keeping and managing forms and information. Responds to queries by retrieving information in file systems.
- Process applications and file records.
- Maintain updated files.
- Complete all forms.
- Answer queries by searching and retrieving files.
- Update file information.
- Process all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Perform data entry.
- Add new files to archives.
- Modify or purge entries.
- Destroy files.
- Create new folders and files.
- Check to ensure files are complete.
- Aid people in retrieving information.
- Process and scan files to be entered into computer in digital database.
- Work with electronic storage media, such as hard drives, floppy drives, and CD-ROMs.
- Use scanners to convert forms, receipts, and reports into electronic format.
- Fax and photocopy files.
- Store and extract file information from computers.