- Job Descriptions
- Instrument Sales Representative
Responsible for selling instruments such as microplate readers, microplate washers, automated purification machines and consumables, different machine product lines, dispensers, stackers and proprietary automation consumables.
- Sell a variety of instruments to different businesses.
- Work within a defined geographic territory.
- Design, implement, and execute short and long-term sales strategies that will result in territory growth.
- Implement knowledge of equipment sales cycle.
- Sell balanced portfolio of instruments and consumables.
- Support distribution channels.
- Provide competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data, or bundling arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for assigned products.
- Perform product demonstrations, installations, and application support.
- Improve product knowledge and sales techniques.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Take orders and deliver products.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of manufacturing department’s production and delivery schedules.
- Research competitors.
- Gathers, analyzes and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriated to the Quality and Safety Testing market.
- Coordinate all issues with key clients between sales, service, support, customer services, marketing and finance.