Insurance Fraud Investigator Job Description
- Handle claims where fraud is suspected.
- Investigate cases of arson, where fires may have been set intentionally to cash in insurance claims.
- Examine falsified workers' disability claims.
- Set up surveillance and attempt to catch people suspected of fraud in the act.
- Investigate possibly staged accidents.
- Determine if medical treatments were necessary.
- Examine vehicular damage.
- Verify claimant's identity.
- Visit claimants and witnesses to obtain an oral statement.
- Take photographs and document evidence.
- Examine videotapes to detect fraud.
- Inspect facilities.
- Determine if doctors have a proper license.
- Consult with legal counsel.
- Testify as an expert witness in court case.
- Inspect damaged buildings and automobiles.
- Investigate doctors suspected of malpractice.
- Create detailed reports documenting incidents.
- Perform background checks.
- Examine medical reports.
SPECIAL INVESTIGATOR Apply now Overview: Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is the nation s largest not-for-profit community-based health system. VNSNY provides a co...
Schedule: Full-time Job ID: 150002EE Identify member and prescriber fraud and abuse risks using critical thinking skills and fraud analytics software. Complete complex investiga...
ASSOCIATE FORENSIC, LITIGATION AND VALUATION SERVICES CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as the one of the top providers of accounting services in th...