Insurance Fraud Investigator Job Description
- Handle claims where fraud is suspected.
- Investigate cases of arson, where fires may have been set intentionally to cash in insurance claims.
- Examine falsified workers' disability claims.
- Set up surveillance and attempt to catch people suspected of fraud in the act.
- Investigate possibly staged accidents.
- Determine if medical treatments were necessary.
- Examine vehicular damage.
- Verify claimant's identity.
- Visit claimants and witnesses to obtain an oral statement.
- Take photographs and document evidence.
- Examine videotapes to detect fraud.
- Inspect facilities.
- Determine if doctors have a proper license.
- Consult with legal counsel.
- Testify as an expert witness in court case.
- Inspect damaged buildings and automobiles.
- Investigate doctors suspected of malpractice.
- Create detailed reports documenting incidents.
- Perform background checks.
- Examine medical reports.
AutoReqId: 12606BR Job Title: Investigator Business Function: Professional Department: Special Investigations Position Location: Chapel Hill The primary responsibility of the Inves...
Job ID: 20141010-4310-KRJ Company Name: Verisk Health Description: Company Overview: Verisk Health builds a smarter healthcare ecosystem through analytics. Our ...
JOB SUMMARY: This entry level position is accountable analytical and investigative activities (external and internal) related to claims, enrollment, accounting and other opera...