Insurance Fraud Investigator Job Description
- Handle claims where fraud is suspected.
- Investigate cases of arson, where fires may have been set intentionally to cash in insurance claims.
- Examine falsified workers' disability claims.
- Set up surveillance and attempt to catch people suspected of fraud in the act.
- Investigate possibly staged accidents.
- Determine if medical treatments were necessary.
- Examine vehicular damage.
- Verify claimant's identity.
- Visit claimants and witnesses to obtain an oral statement.
- Take photographs and document evidence.
- Examine videotapes to detect fraud.
- Inspect facilities.
- Determine if doctors have a proper license.
- Consult with legal counsel.
- Testify as an expert witness in court case.
- Inspect damaged buildings and automobiles.
- Investigate doctors suspected of malpractice.
- Create detailed reports documenting incidents.
- Perform background checks.
- Examine medical reports.
Operating within the Fraud Prevention and Recovery Unit of the Legal Department (\\"FPRU\\"), the Tufts Health Plan Manager, Provider Fraud manages the investigative team responsib...
SIU CONSULTANT - PROVIDER FRAUD/ORGANIZED CRIMES CNA Insurance is currently recruiting for a highly-specialized position in the Major Investigations Team of our Special Inv...
Job Summary: This position is the Senior Investigator with the Internal Fraud Unit, which is a separate unit within Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey s ( Horizon BCB...