Insurance Fraud Investigator Job Description
- Handle claims where fraud is suspected.
- Investigate cases of arson, where fires may have been set intentionally to cash in insurance claims.
- Examine falsified workers' disability claims.
- Set up surveillance and attempt to catch people suspected of fraud in the act.
- Investigate possibly staged accidents.
- Determine if medical treatments were necessary.
- Examine vehicular damage.
- Verify claimant's identity.
- Visit claimants and witnesses to obtain an oral statement.
- Take photographs and document evidence.
- Examine videotapes to detect fraud.
- Inspect facilities.
- Determine if doctors have a proper license.
- Consult with legal counsel.
- Testify as an expert witness in court case.
- Inspect damaged buildings and automobiles.
- Investigate doctors suspected of malpractice.
- Create detailed reports documenting incidents.
- Perform background checks.
- Examine medical reports.
Job Description Directs the operations of a team of investigators to protect the resources of Cigna Corporation and its business segments from commercial healthcare fraud, wast...
Job Description Member of Special Investigations referral and case enhancement team that works closely with analysts, investigators, advanced IT specialists, and management. T...
Job Description Performs specified investigative steps related to investigation of known or suspected fraud perpetrated against the company or customers. Utilizing independent ...