Insurance Fraud Investigator Job Description
- Handle claims where fraud is suspected.
- Investigate cases of arson, where fires may have been set intentionally to cash in insurance claims.
- Examine falsified workers' disability claims.
- Set up surveillance and attempt to catch people suspected of fraud in the act.
- Investigate possibly staged accidents.
- Determine if medical treatments were necessary.
- Examine vehicular damage.
- Verify claimant's identity.
- Visit claimants and witnesses to obtain an oral statement.
- Take photographs and document evidence.
- Examine videotapes to detect fraud.
- Inspect facilities.
- Determine if doctors have a proper license.
- Consult with legal counsel.
- Testify as an expert witness in court case.
- Inspect damaged buildings and automobiles.
- Investigate doctors suspected of malpractice.
- Create detailed reports documenting incidents.
- Perform background checks.
- Examine medical reports.
JOB SUMMARY Candidates with Pharmacy Investigations experience will be given initial and high consideration. This position is responsible for comprehensive management and owne...
JOB SUMMARY This position is responsible for conducting objective, fair, thorough, unbiased and timely investigations into allegations of healthcare fraud, waste or abuse commit...
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB: Overview: If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Throug...