- Job Descriptions
- Interior Designer
Responsible for designing spaces inside buildings. Selects color schemes, window treatments, hardware and lighting fixtures, carpet, artwork, paint, and furniture. Works with architect on layout of rooms.
- Work with clients to design or renovate spaces to meet their standards.
- Enhance the function, safety, and aesthetics of interior spaces
- Select samples, including flooring, carpet, and paint to be approved by client.
- Choose color palettes.
- Plan architectural detail such as crown molding and built-in bookshelves.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Travel to galleries to purchase artwork for spaces.
- Work with vendors on the selection of pieces.
- Negotiate prices.
- Plan and estimate budgets for projects.
- Submit drawings for approval by a construction inspector to ensure that the design meets building codes.
- Draw up floor plans and sketches.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) to create drawings.
- Supervise decorating of room.
- Hang drapes and artwork.
- Contract out services to other vendors, including painting and carpeting.
- Supervise assistants who carry out their plans and perform administrative tasks
- Arrange furniture.
- Coordinate work schedules.
- Follow up with client to ensure design specifications have been met.