Interior Designer Job Description
- Work with clients to design or renovate spaces to meet their standards.
- Enhance the function, safety, and aesthetics of interior spaces
- Select samples, including flooring, carpet, and paint to be approved by client.
- Choose color palettes.
- Plan architectural detail such as crown molding and built-in bookshelves.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Travel to galleries to purchase artwork for spaces.
- Work with vendors on the selection of pieces.
- Negotiate prices.
- Plan and estimate budgets for projects.
- Submit drawings for approval by a construction inspector to ensure that the design meets building codes.
- Draw up floor plans and sketches.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) to create drawings.
- Supervise decorating of room.
- Hang drapes and artwork.
- Contract out services to other vendors, including painting and carpeting.
- Supervise assistants who carry out their plans and perform administrative tasks
- Arrange furniture.
- Coordinate work schedules.
- Follow up with client to ensure design specifications have been met.
The Interior Designer will work under the primary direction of the Director of Capital Projects. The Interior Designer will prioritize projects and manage and coordinate design res...
Intermediate Interior Designer (Corporate Interiors) Gensler is one of the world s leading architecture, design and planning firms, with staff in locations around the world. No ...
Well-known Dallas design firm is hiring for an experienced project Interior Designer to join the team. Looking for degreed professionals with commercial interior design/renovation/...