Interpreter or Translator Job Description
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another.
- Attend conferences and meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion.
- Translate foreign languages for clients in prison so they can understand prison officials.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Translate spoken communication to sign language for hearing impaired audience.
- Convert written materials from one language into another, such as books, publications, or web pages.
- Create a new text in the target language that reproduces the content and style of the original.
- Edit and proofread text to accurately reflect language.
- Receive and submit assignments electronically.
- Use dictionaries and glossaries for reference.
- Employ computer-assisted translation.
- Facilitate communication for people with limited English proficiency.
- Translate languages at meetings such as attorney-client meetings, preliminary hearings, arraignments, depositions, and trials.
- Interpret both legal terminology and colloquial language.
- Read aloud documents in a language other than that in which they were written.
- Provide language services to healthcare patients with limited English proficiency.
- Translate patient materials and informational brochures issued by hospitals and medical facilities into another language.
- Accompany foreign visitor and facilitate communication between receiving party and visitors.
- Adapt a product or service for use in a different language and culture.
Companies with Similar Jobs
TOP LOCATION FOR Interpreter or Translator JOBS
The DEA International Training Section (TRI) has been conducting international counter-narcotics training since 1969. TRI is recognized as the world pioneer in international traini...
The Research Specialist will identify, evaluate, and profile individual, corporate, and foundation prospects in support of WNET’s development initiatives. S/he will play a crucial...
Job Details: * POSITION SUMMARY: Provides language translation or interpretation for staff and clients engaged in behavioral health treatment or case management. Provide superior...