Interpreter or Translator Job Description
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another.
- Attend conferences and meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion.
- Translate foreign languages for clients in prison so they can understand prison officials.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages.
- Translate spoken communication to sign language for hearing impaired audience.
- Convert written materials from one language into another, such as books, publications, or web pages.
- Create a new text in the target language that reproduces the content and style of the original.
- Edit and proofread text to accurately reflect language.
- Receive and submit assignments electronically.
- Use dictionaries and glossaries for reference.
- Employ computer-assisted translation.
- Facilitate communication for people with limited English proficiency.
- Translate languages at meetings such as attorney-client meetings, preliminary hearings, arraignments, depositions, and trials.
- Interpret both legal terminology and colloquial language.
- Read aloud documents in a language other than that in which they were written.
- Provide language services to healthcare patients with limited English proficiency.
- Translate patient materials and informational brochures issued by hospitals and medical facilities into another language.
- Accompany foreign visitor and facilitate communication between receiving party and visitors.
- Adapt a product or service for use in a different language and culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Answers phone calls from unknown outside non-English speaking callers and triages and orients the caller for proper assistance inside or outside the hospit...
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: * Answers phone calls from unknown outside non-English speaking callers and triages and orients the caller for proper assistance inside or outside the hospita...
MED INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR - SPANISH - SNHC (31936) CATEGORY: Professional JOB TYPE: Full Time SCHEDULE: Rotating LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA REQ: 31936 JOB DESCRIP...