#2200 - Bus Operator 8/10/2016
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
Upper Darby, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Do you like driving* Do you like working closely with the public* Do you like driving and working closely with the public enough to make a career of it* Well, keep reading - this position may be for you!
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA), the nation's sixth largest Transportation Authority, is recruiting for Bus Operators for City Transit, Victory and Frontier Districts.
The six City Transit Districts are located throughout Philadelphia. Victory District is in Upper Darby and services Delaware County. The Frontier District, serving Montgomery and Bucks Counties, is located in Conshohocken.
What we offer:
* Great starting wages, training, competitive benefits package, employee transportation pass, vacation, holidays, pension plan, and career opportunities.
* Wages start from $15.64/hr to $17.11/hr., depending on assigned location. All starting wages increase annually by 10% for the first four years. After four years, the top hourly rate ranges from $26.07/hr. to $28.52/hr., depending on location.
What you need:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* A real desire to drive and serve the public.
* A minumum of three years licensed driving experience.
* No suspensions and not more than one moving violation in the last three years.
* No driving with a suspended/revoked license for the past five years.
* Ability to successfully complete standardized assessment, employment history verification and criminal background check, medical examination including drug screening, and employment interview.
* Ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, split days off, especially during first year of employment.