#1261 - Construction Equipment Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking experienced construction equipment operators who will be responsible for driving all types of construction equipment and tractor-trailers and operates attachments on trailers or tractors as required. They will also drive and operate special function trucks with hi-rail such as trash trucks, log loaders, roto dump, boom truck, etc. Additionally, they will operate construction equipment including cranes to load, haul and unload trailers.
Currently we have openings in our Railroad Division. Starting salary is in our Railroad Division is $21.83/hour with an increase to $24.95/hour after 1 year; $28.075/hour after 2 years. Current top rate is $31.19/hour.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess a valid PA or equivalent class A CDL license. Will be required to obtain Hazardous Material and Tank Vehicle endorsements.
* Must have at least 2 years experience operating tractor-trailers and/or trucks requiring a commercial driver's license.
* Must also possess at least 2 years experience operating construction equipment including mobile hydraulic cranes, backhoes and loaders.
* Selected applicants must also pass a written qualifying test and "hands On " driving test to ensure applicants can operator a tractor trailer and the necessary construction equipment.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity