2017 Intern Undergraduate- Data Warehouse
You can have an internship. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Data Warehouse Intern at Herman Miller and do both.
About this Opportunity
Herman Miller s Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem solving, and communication skills.
As a Data Warehouse Intern, you will have the chance to take data from around the business and transform it into meaningful information to help business partners make decisions.
What You ll Do
You ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you
* Develop and program in the areas of data warehousing and business intelligence.
* Gain familiarity with relational databases.
* Interact with visualbasic.net and other online web application processes.
* Use tools and gain experience using SSIS to perform ETL development and programming.
* Use SSIS to access data for ad hoc reporting as it relates to business objectives.
* Participate in cross-functional teamwork to complete an intern project.
* Attain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives.
* Perform additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we re looking for if you are
* Someone who works well in teams and enjoys solving problems.
* Enrolled and pursuing a four year Bachelor s degree related to Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, and able to provide college transcripts upon request. You must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 to qualify for consideration in the Intern Program.
* Experienced with Microsoft Visual, have basic .Net skills, and have online web application skills (preferred).
* Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program.
* In favorable academic standing within your current academic program.
* Authorized to work in the United States.
* Able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.