2017 Intern Undergraduate- IT Field Technician 9/13/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You can have an internship. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an IT Field Technician Intern at Herman Miller and make both.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Herman Miller s Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As an IT Field Technician Intern, you will work with other IT technicians to resolve IT-related incidents and fulfill IT requests to support the sale and manufacturing of furniture.
WHAT YOU LL DO
You ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you
* Install hardware and software components into new and existing systems.
* Provide telephone and deskside support of hardware- and software-related incidents.
* Configure PCs, printers, and other client technology according to standard documented procedures.
* Troubleshoot, repair, and/or hot-swap printers and RF-related equipment.
* Build and place new and refreshed computers for our business partners.
* Identify and repair software and OS problems.
* Assist senior staff in providing dependable support for client hardware and software technologies throughout Herman Miller.
* Work closely with the Service Desk and gain exposure to other areas of Information Technology at Herman Miller for a complete, rounded intern experience.
* Participate in cross-functional teamwork to complete an Intern Project.
* Attain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives.
* Perform additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business objectives.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who we re looking for if you are
* Enrolled and pursuing a degree related to Computer Science and/or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, and able to provide college transcripts upon request. You must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 to qualify for consideration in the Intern Program.
* Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program.
* In favorable academic standing within your current academic program or major.
* Experienced with a basic understanding of hardware, applications, and OS systems, including MAC s.
* A proactive, hard-working individual who takes initiative to finish tasks.
* Skilled at troubleshooting and have a desire to not only fix the problem, but to learn and look for ways to make the process better.
* Willing to take initiative and ask questions.
* Able to follow documented procedures and processes.
* Able to solve problems in a timely, efficient manner.
* Willing to be a servant leader.
* A flexible, positive team player.
* Authorized to work in the United States.
* Able to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
WHO WE ARE
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.