2017 Intern Undergraduate- IT Service Desk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou can have an internship. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an IT Service Desk Intern at Herman Miller and make both.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Herman Miller s Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As an IT Service Desk Intern, you will help internal business partners solve problems by taking on the responsibility of making timely IT resolutions and routing incidents.
WHAT YOU LL DO
You ll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you
* Work with internal business partners over phone, email, and the intranet to resolve incidents and/or identify the group responsible for resolving their issue(s) in a timely manner.
* Gain exposure to other areas of Information Technology at Herman Miller for a complete, rounded intern experience.
* Stay current with knowledge and changes that will impact your ability to support the business and follow procedure for quick resolution of incidents.
* Participate in cross-functional teamwork to complete an intern project.
* Attain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives.
* Perform additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business objectives.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
You might be just who we re looking for if you are
* A customer-focused communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
* Able to solve problems in a timely, efficient manner.
* Enrolled and pursuing a degree related to Computer Science and/or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, and able to provide college transcripts upon request. You must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0 to qualify for consideration in the Intern Program.
* Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program.
* In favorable academic standing within your current academic program or major.
* Authorized to work in the United States.
* Able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
WHO WE ARE
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
HERMAN MILLER IS COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER INCLUDING VETERANS AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES.