This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
* Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in contract manufacturing plant: Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
* Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
* Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
* Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
* Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
* Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
* Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
* A well qualified candidate will hold a Bachelors Degree in a Related Field from an Accredited University with 5-7 years of relevant job experience.
* Effective Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
Experience with Engineering SW Tools such as; (Autocad, Visio, MiniTab, Agile/Configuration management SW)
* DFx experience
* Lean Manufacturing
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.