5 Medical Science Liaisons-GI-Pain
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Florham Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Are you an experienced MSL looking for an opportunity to grow and partner with an organization with a rich and promising pipeline?
Do you have a minimum of 3 years MSL experience in the pharmaceutical industry?
Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. Subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading pharmaceutical company. We are in the unique position of having the financial backing and the research capabilities of a well-established leading Japanese pharmaceutical company matched with the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up company.
Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain, women’s health, and anti-invectives. Together with our Japanese corporate parent, Shionogi has been providing innovative medicines essential to people’s health for over 130 years.
We are currently seeking dynamic, focused and creative individuals to join our highly visible growing team. We are expanding our workforce and looking for experienced pharmaceutical professionals to help us build for the future.
Shionogi Inc. is seeking 5 experienced Medical Science Liaisons for our: West Region; Southeast Region; Northwest Region; Southwest Region; Mid-Atlantic Region.
As a field based representative of the Medical Affairs organization the successful MSL would be responsible for being a liaison to the medical and scientific community on behalf of Shionogi. This includes identification and relationship building of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) providing meaningful and scientific exchanges at national regional and local levels, in both academic and clinical practices. You will have the opportunity to research and serve as the educational and information resource to KOLs building mutually productive relationships in the areas of medical education and clinical/scientific research.
Maintaining collaboration and working effectively across multi-disciplinary internal groups providing input to support Shionogi’s business objectives, contributing to the development and implementation of medical education strategies and initiatives, publication planning, development of medical education material, internal training, responding to and documenting unsolicited scientific and medical information requests, identify and submit unsolicited requests for investigator initiated research, interpret and effectively deliver high-quality scientific presentations on science and data to HCPs, managed care organizations, other key external customers and Senior Leadership are examples of the myriad of opportunities the MSL will have in this role.
If you are interested in learning more, and meet the below “minimum” requirements we would like to hear from you right away.
• Advanced degree required
• Pharm D, Ph.D. or M.D. preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of MSL pharmaceutical related experience required with 3 years of documented success as an MSL
• Ability and willingness to travel weekly up to 75% of the time to accomplish responsibilities of this role
• Live near a large major airport for travel and in a location within the region with the ability to effectively cover an assigned territory
• Pain, GI experience desirable
• Familiar with current guidelines to ensure corporate compliance in all activities, including those related to scientific interactions, unsolicited questions, and clinical trials and research
• Excellent verbal written and interpersonal communication skills; clear, articulate and grammatically sound speech
• Ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment while working independently and as a team member
• Demonstrated success effectively engaging with KOLs, strong rapport building and active listening skills
• Excellent persuasion and presentation skills with professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to comprehend and communicate complex technical/medical terminology and to maintain the required technical expertise including competitive product knowledge
• Must be self-motivated and disciplined
• Strong organization and planning skills; attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated technical aptitude and working proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point and Video conferencing
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.shionogi.com and meet the requirements of this opportunity. We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.