24 N Community Residence Counselor-OCDI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMcLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Under direction of the Program Manger, the CRC provides direct patient care and participates in therapeutic milieu within the scope of defined practice. Successful candidate will provide direct patient care through group and individual counseling in accordance with current treatment plan. Establishes relationships with patients that are helpful and maintains professional boundaries. Intervenes in managing complex patient situations. Participates in leading and co-leading patient groups. Provides and supervises community activities according to needs. Provides patients with direction and supervision as needed. Communicates information regarding patient milieu/therapeutic environment to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
Exact salaries are calculated when a job offer is to be made and are based on a candidate's experience and qualifications. Employees in this position are eligible for shift differentials.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
* High School Diploma or GED Required
* Bachelors degree preferred
* Requires verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in collaboration with others.
* No experience required.
* One year patient care or related experience preferred, preferably in a psychiatric setting.
* Drivers license (MA, CT, NH, NY, RI, VT) preferred (varies by program), and ability to satisfactorily meet hospital driving standards.
* Must have Medication Administration Program Certification, or successfully complete the Medication Administration Certification course provided by the Hospital. Applicants who are not currently MAP(Medication Administratin Progam) certified will have a specified time period from the date of hire, to successfully complete a McLean sponsored MAP certification program. MAP does not apply to Pavilion and BHPP
EMPLOYEES ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN AWAKE AND ALERT AT ALL TIMES ON ALL SHIFTS.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender orientation or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.