79922 - Quote Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION***Qualified Candidate Must Be A U.S. Citizen***
Position Title: Quote Analyst
For over 50 years, SCI s Defense & Aerospace Division has been a leading provider of defense and aerospace electronics design and manufacturing services. From tactical communications systems to airborne communications and information processing, we deliver high-reliability solutions that keep our first responders and war-fighters connected and protected in the field.
We are currently recruiting highly qualified candidates, whose background and career goals meet our needs, for the following position in our Huntsville, AL facility. Please note that due to our Department of Defense contract requirements, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
* Responsible for the preparation and coordination of Request for Quotations (RFQ's) for materials components, subassemblies, system level assemblies and/or services based on quote requirements received from various departments within the organization (i.e. Program Management, Business Development).
* Interface with Business Development, Program Management, internal Engineering and customers (as required/ directed) to resolve technical data issues as they pertain to documents received from external customer. Analyzes quotations for content in addition to preparing complete costs analyses.
* Defines needs, clarifies discrepancies and determines the structure of BOM to adequately support current bid models.
* Monitor RFQ through process, clear hurdles and resolve issues that may arise.
* Complete costing information including generation of costed BOM's, identifying exceptions and assumptions, and identifying and documenting all unique costs and issues.
* Responsible for supplier selection influence based on value and make/buy decision input.
* Interface with Business Development, Program Management, internal Engineering and customers (as required/ directed) to resolve technical data issues as they pertain to documents received from external customer.
* Have a fair understanding of business and engineering finance in either EAC or Period P&L, or both, environments.
* 4 year Degree in a technical Discipline. (Such as: Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
* Familiar with cost accounting or EAC practices
* Familiar with Work Break-Down Structure
* Microsoft Office Suite applications proficient with a emphasis on Excel
* Minimum of 5 years experience in Manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
* Previous proposal experience a strong plus
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.