* Plastics - Sales Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/26/2017
Nexeo Solutions, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONNexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America, EMEA, and Asia. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. As a private company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
This Sales Trainee role is a developmental position that is designed to prepare an individual to advance into a Field Sales Account Manager position after successfully completing a 6 to 18 month training period. The primary function of this position is to gain industry and product knowledge while learning the various sales skills needed to be promoted to an Account Manager and effectively manage a client base. The Sales Associate must understand how to use interpersonal skills to build long-term internal and external relationships. The Sales Associate will gain experience in several internal Nexeo departments including Customer Care, Purchasing, Credit, and Product Line Management. The Sales Associate will also be assigned a developmental sales territory that will service Nexeo customers with low order frequency, dormant/former buying accounts, mange inbound leads via the web and 800#, target new prospects, and develop a territory plan that provides growth consistent with strategic goals.
Upon completing the training period, this individual will be prepared to apply for a Field Sales Account Manager role as they become available, anywhere in the United States.
APPLICANT MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE.
* Participate fully in the Sales Trainee program and apply learnings to develop a fully functional sales territory
* Meet and exceed territorial sales budgets on a monthly and quarterly basis through developing and expanding customer base.
* Provide exceptional customer service to current and prospective customers through inbound calls, outbound calls and written channels.
* Introduce new material solutions to customers and provide education on use of applications
* Calculate quotes and negotiate price, delivery and terms of sale
* Communicate order agreements to Customer Service Rep for entry and collaborate with internal network
* Manage an assigned geographic territory with regard to bottom line growth
* Bachelor s degree required,
* Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, SAP and SalesForce.com experience a plus
* Must be able to relocate to available sales territory upon selection for Account Manager role
* Ability to work extended hours as needed
* Previous customer service or selling experience is a plus
* Able to establish strong working relationships and able to persuade/influence others
* Able to adapt to changing priorities, responsibilities, and business needs within a short timeframe. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Excellent communication and listening skills
* Outgoing, enthusiastic, optimistic, persistent and resilient personality
* Desire to gather, comprehend and analyze new information
* Creative problem solving skills
* Ability to negotiate conflict
* Solid work-ethic
* Ability to learn and maintain compliance with our company customer relationship management program
* Ability to develop and conduct product presentations to mid-sized audiences
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.