4000 Sow Farm Supervisor - Farm #71
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Supervises a 4000 Sow Farm and personnel for Seaboard Farms under the direction of the Sow Production Manager by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Provide leadership and coaching to all employees that report to this area.
* Schedule and plan weekly activities.
* Communicate the daily schedule and plans to employees at the start of every work day.
* Tour, coach and follow up with personnel daily.
* Personal administrative time for doing paperwork, planning and production analysis.
* Complete performance appraisals with employees on regularly scheduled intervals.
* Manage and record employee hours, time cards, attendance, vacation, holidays and sick leave records; notify supervisor of any concerns.
* Assure production tasks, company policies and regulations are adhered to as outlined in training/procedure manuals.
* Adhere to all safety procedures and utilize equipment provided for employee protection.
Maintain High Herd Health and Bio-security personally and through employees:
* Maintain the alarm system and all emergency systems, and answer all alarm calls promptly and properly.
* Provide and monitor animal comfort with ventilation and heating management.
* Give timely medication and care of sick or injured swine by the approved vaccination program.
* Maintain clean disinfectant foot baths in designated areas.
* Clean and disinfect buildings according to schedule.
* Follow proper load in, load out procedures and dispose of dead animals daily.
* Follow bio-security downtime chart and shower thoroughly before entering units.
Maintain Proper Department and Farm Appearance:
* Scrap manure and sweep aisles as needed.
* Wash buildings and equipment as needed and scheduled.
* Assist in cleaning and maintaining office and all farm areas and keep trash picked up.
* Mow grass and weeds around farm site, and perimeter fences, chutes, etc.
* Complete weekly production report and have to production manager within the designated time frame.
* Assure that employees complete all records accurately and legibly on a daily basis, and turn them in to the office daily.
* Turn in complete and accurate time cards by biweekly deadlines.
* Maintain a reasonable inventory of necessary supplies, and account for inventory changes.
* Call in feed orders and animal movements at designated times.
* Follow withdraw times on all cull sales.
* Monitor and maintain lagoon levels within acceptable guidelines.
* Conserve fresh water, electrical and gas usage.
* Maintain vehicles in good operating condition and notify the Production Manager of problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety files, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual skills preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds and sometimes push and/or move up to 300 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to waste material, feed and hog dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes very loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer