Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer - Medical Device
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title: Staff Mechanical Design Engineer Medical Device
Nature of work:
Develops the mechanical design solutions and interconnect solutions for medical devices. Analyzes, evaluates and plans the method of approach and organizes the means to achieve solutions to problems. Performs analysis and tests to verify new designs, methods, components and packaging technologies and evaluates the results. Major focus of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and design for cost. Uses 3D CAD tools to perform mechanical design, analysis and simulation.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to:
* Providing concepts that exhibit a high degree of creativity, functional simplicity and overall design excellence
* Producing cost effective designs which exceed customer expectations
* Performing component selection within the constraints of product requirements
* May research literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned problems
The candidate selected for this position will possess, and demonstrate the following skills, education and experience:
* BSME required.
* Minimum of 8 years experience in Design Engineering
* Experience/knowledge in product design, debug and testing as well as electronic interconnects, assembly processes and regulatory requirements
* Strong proficiency in 3D CAD software (Solidworks or Pro-E Creo)
Specialized knowledge in any of the following mechanical design areas:
o Air flow analysis
o Plastic mold design
o 3D prototyping processes
o Product cost reduction methodology
o Mechanical stress analysis
o Mechanical test specification generation
* Ability to form and maintain professional, cooperative relationships with both internal and external customers, peers and colleagues
* Knowledge / exposure to thermal management and environmental requirements (shock, vibration, temperature)
Due to current project mix and work load we require specialized knowledge and experience in air flow analysis, medical bio-compatible plastic mold design, and Pro-E Creo skills.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.