- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
2013 Summer Associate Position
Nixon Peabody LLP - New York, NYThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Nixon Peabody LLP Nixon Peabody LLP
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- NP Staff - New YorkNP Staff - New York
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
2013 Summer Associate with Nixon Peabody LLP. The firm is recognized as a “Global 100” law firm—one of the largest in the world. With 700 attorneys collaborating across major practice areas in 17 cities, and with summer associate programs in Boston; Chicago; Long Island; Los Angeles; New York; Rochester; San Francisco; and Washington DC, the firm’s size, diversity, and advanced technological resources enable us to offer comprehensive legal services to individuals and organizations of all sizes in local, state, national, and international matters. We have a rich, diverse environment and an open, inclusive atmosphere, which benefits everyone who works within it.
Our summer associates provide legal research, writing, discovery, and other substantive support for attorneys. As a summer associate, you will have the opportunity to attend depositions, court appearances, and trials/hearings and interact with business partners and clients. You will also receive substantive feedback and mentoring on assignments.
Qualifications: Completion of second year of law school just prior to the beginning of the 2013 Summer Associate Program. Candidates should have excellent academic credentials, and strong legal research and writing skills. Demonstrated leadership experience, prior work experience and diversified outside activities are a plus.
To submit your application after May 1, 2012:
1. Go to http://applysummer.nixonpeabody.com.
2. Check the box next to the office you are interested in applying to. If you are interested more than one office, you may check the office(s) boxes accordingly.
3. Click on “Apply.”
4. Follow the instructions to submit your application and be prepared to load your cover letter, resume and copy of your law school transcript.